Applying to a TCAT
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office
PO Box 614
Pulaski, TN 38478
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Patient Care Technology/Medical Assisting
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Complete a TCAT-P application online
- Provide a regular high school diploma or HiSet/GED transcript
- Provide proof of 2 MMR and 2 Varicella immunizations/titers
- T.B. Skin Test
- Hepatitis B Immunizations
- Flu Vaccination
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Proof of Driver's License
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background check, and possibly other vaccinations based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
Dental Assisting-Supplemental program
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Evening Program
Welding Technology (Pulaski - Evening)
Electrical and Plumbing Construction Technology
Residential/Commercial Wiring and Plumbing
Welding (South Lawrence Instructional Service Center)
Industrial Maintenance Technology-Evening Program
Building Construction Technology
Advanced Manufacturing Education
Welding Technology (Pulaski)
Prospective applicants should complete the following steps:
Submit the online application to TCAT-Pulaski. You will need to come in the office for additional paperwork and to return your packet. ACT scores or Entrance exam scores are to be included in the packet.
Schedule HESI entrance exam and pay fee as soon as possible or submit acceptable ACT score of 19 in reading and 19 in math. The HESI entrance exam is $40.00 and must be paid in order to reserve a spot. This fee is non-refundable. After paying and scheduling, you will be given a reminder sheet with your time and date for the test. If you are a no show for your scheduled test time, you forfeit the $40 payment. You will then have to pay $40 and reschedule the exam.
- Signed Release of Information
- Copy of High School Diploma/GED or Transcript
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Military Experience(s)