How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the institution's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
Student Services Office
PO Box 614
Pulaski, TN 38478
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Patient Care Technology/Medical Assisting
Supplemental programs/Dental Assisting
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Evening Program
Welding Technology (Pulaski - Evening)
Electrical and Plumbing Construction Technology
Residential/Commercial Wiring and Plumbing
Welding (South Lawrence Instructional Service Center)
Industrial Maintenance Technology-Evening Program
Building Construction Technology
Advanced Manufacturing Education
Welding Technology (Pulaski)
Prospective applicants should complete the following steps:
Complete and return application to TCAT-Pulaski. Application packets are available on campus or you can complete an online application. If you choose the online app, you still need to come in the office for additional paperwork. ACT scores or Entrance exam scores are to be included in the packet.
Schedule entrance exam and pay fee as soon as possible or submit acceptable ACT score of 19 in reading and 19 in math. The HESI entrance exam is $40.00 and must be paid in order to reserve a spot. This fee is non-refundable. After paying and scheduling, you will be given a reminder sheet with your time and date for the test. If you are a no show for your scheduled test time, you forfeit the $40 payment. You will then have to pay $40 and reschedule the exam.
- Signed Release of Information
- Copy of High School Diploma/GED or Transcript
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Military Experience(s)